Recently, we have seen an increase in requests for best practices for intra-India moves, and we have conducted a Pulse Survey to identify how organizations are managing relocations within India compared to those in the U.S. and other countries. The survey findings show some commonalities among the types of support and services offered for relocations within India and U.S. domestic relocations.
Most survey participants confirm intra-India relocation activity through a mix of lump sum programs and managed services and expenses. This survey report identifies the types of support offered to employees relocating within India.
Key findings of the survey include:
- Intra-India relocation activity is remaining steady; 47% of survey participants expect their intra-India relocations to remain relatively the same in 2023 compared to 2022 volumes, 27% expect their volume to increase, and 20% expect their volume to decrease.
- 68% of survey participants confirm intra-India relocations are either solely or partially managed by Mobility staff outside of India.
- 25% of survey participants confirm offering only a lump sum for intra-India relocations, and 53% confirm offering managed relocation services and/or reimbursed expenses. The remaining 22% offer lump sum options as well as managed relocation services and/or reimbursed expenses.
- Lump sum amounts were noted from 75,000 to 500,000 INR.
- The most common managed services/reimbursed expenses include final travel to the destination, shipment of household goods, and temporary accommodations.
For a copy of the full Pulse Survey results, which provides additional details of remote work, volumes, program management, common support offered, lump sum only/managed service offerings, and much more, please contact your Aires representative.