As the world slowly shifts toward a return to “normal,” with the numbers of vaccinated people growing worldwide, Aires recently conducted a Pulse Survey on return to work and intern program plans as a part of our ongoing COVID-19 series. While many specifics remain to be determined based upon progress made to battle the pandemic, plans are forming. Below, we have detailed key findings of the survey.
Returning to the Office
The latest research conducted by Aires reveals that more than half of companies still do not know when the majority of their employees will return to office work. Availability of vaccines does not currently appear to have a strong impact on the decision; more than half of the respondents do not know if they will require employees to be vaccinated prior to returning, and almost half say a vaccination will not be required. Findings of the survey include:
- Only 2% of survey respondents state that all or most of their employees are currently working from the office.
- 61% of respondents state that it is still “too soon to tell” or they are “not sure” when the majority of their workforce will return to the office.
- Among all respondents, an overall average of 29% of employees currently working remotely may never return to the office.
Our research also shows that with so much uncertainty surrounding returning employees to the office, many still do not know if interns will work in-person or remotely. But for those that are considering relocating interns to work in-person, the most common relocation support provided will be a cash allowance.
- 22% of respondents are hopeful to have interns on-site in 2021
- 39% plan to have their interns work remotely
- 39% plan for a combination remote/on-site intern program
One year into the pandemic, there are still many unanswered questions. Our COVID-19 survey series will continue to provide research into those questions and other trends through the spring and summer to provide you with valuable and timely information. For more information, or for a copy of the full Pulse Survey results, please contact your Aires representative.