We are pleased to continue our series examining country immigration requirements with a focus on Germany this month. In this post, we cover the key requirements for obtaining a Residence Permit for Employment Purposes (Assignment).
- Document collection
- Document conditioning, if applicable
- Work authorization application
- Visa application and collection
- Town hall registration
- Residence permit application
- Residence permit collection
Pre-arrival: 1-3 weeks
Post-arrival: 1-2 months
Primary Employee Documents
· Proof of German residence
· Proof of health insurance
Primary Employer Documents
· Standard company number
· Power of attorney
· Official formal job description
· Support letter
· Assignment letter or contract
Validity varies depending on length of intended assignment and may be granted to a maximum of three years.
The employee’s residential address must be formally deregistered prior to their final departure.
Red Flags and Special Criteria
- Company registration at corporate level required
- Salary thresholds enforced
- Degree or 5+ years of experience required. This may be waived for senior executives or specialists
- Labor Market Search may be needed but this may be waived for senior executives or specialists
- Minimum of 6 months experience with the sending entity is required
- Payroll can be in any location
- Must have evidence of common ownership between home and host entities
- Legalized documents may be needed
For additional information, please contact Aires Immigration.
Disclaimer: Any immigration advice contained herein is subject to change at any time. All immigration rules, processes, and decisions are made at the discretion of the relevant government authorities and are outside of Aires’ control.