Any time a home sale must be managed as part of a relocation, an efficient and timely sales process is critical to success. When your employee is ready to sell their home, the real estate agent will ask how much access to the home they want to give. The answer matters more now than it did in recent years.
As mentioned recently by Keeping Current Matters©, at the height of the seller’s market during the pandemic, offers were often made without a physical tour of the property. They note this happened for three reasons:
- Extremely low housing inventory
- Competition from other buyers wanting to take advantage of historically low mortgage rates
- General wariness of in-person home tours during a pandemic
Today, the market is changing, and buyers can usually be more selective and take more time to explore their . Your employees will need to provide as much access as possible if the home is to be sold in an efficient and timely manner. Aires recommends employees consider one of these types of access:
- Providing a home key to the agent
- Opting for open access through a phone call; allowing showings to happen with only a phone call’s notice
- Offering appointment-only access, allowing the home to be prepared and the owner to be away during the showing
- Granting limited access (specific days or times of the day) in cases where showings are inconvenient for the homeowner (such as a work from home situation); this is the least flexible way to manage the situation, but may be necessary for some sellers
For more information or recommendations for how your employees can sell their homes efficiently and for the best price, please contact your Aires representative.