I have to tell you, when I hear the phrase “new year's resolutions” I cringe a bit. Right? Lose weight, get out of debt…big stuff. So, I was thinking, what if we break it down into bite size chunks? Small doses that can be easily digested over the course of the new year to make life healthier, happier, and put a smile on our faces.
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
Below are my favorites from 19 Realistic Resolutions for 2019, The Active Times.
- Drink more water – studies show…blah, blah, blah. No, seriously. It’s good for you! Drink it.
- Give a compliment every day – simplest thing in the world and just think: your kind words could make someone’s day…or week even.
- Clean your space at least once a week – I would go one further and say daily. Decluttering is a game changer. If you don’t use it, lose it.
- Set up a weekly budget – where does all of your money go? Get a handle on it. Guaranteed to make you feel better immediately.
- Spend more time outside – in the words of Ferris Bueller, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
- Save $10 a week – put it in a jar on your kitchen counter and use the money to celebrate…anything!
So, lets give it a try, shall we?
Wishing you all the best in 2019! Cheers.